background

Sunday, July 21, 2013

An accomplishment!!

I wanted to get some of these feelings down so I wouldn't forget them.  Yesterday we hiked together, as a family, to Mount Timpanogos Cave.  This is about a 3.5 hour hike that is STEEP!!!  We did not take any backpacking gear for Phebe since I have given it away to someone who can use it.  Which meant that Phebe had to walk the entire way or be carried uncomfortably by someone.  I told her that if she walked the whole way we would have ice cream afterwards.  It worked! She did the entire hike which is about 3.5 miles total, including inside the cave!  I only picked her up inside the cave so she could see something over the shoulders of the group.  Jamy and I carried Phebe for short minutes coming back down from the cave to give Phebe's toes a rest! They were getting pushed to the top of her shoes due to going down hill.  She was a trooper! The last 1/4 of the hike, Phebe was crying, and feeling likeshe couldn't   do it! Daddy and Mommy were each holding her hands and walking with her when we crossed the finish line with the sisters watching and cheering Phebe on!  She DID IT!!  It is amazing to see the miracle of Phebe's life....she wasn't able to stand alone or walk when she was a very young age of 15 months when we started her journeyof challenges....now she can run, hike and kick and is learning how to ride a bike with training wheels!  I wanted to cry, and I did, inside! My miracle taught our family that we CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!!  We did it!  Sometimes we don't want to take on challenges, but in the end, it is all worth it!!!! I love my husband and girls and I know WE CAN DO  HARD THINGS!!  Of course, as promised, we went out for ice cream.....at LEATHERBY's!!! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment